Header Ads

2. I am about to be single and I am terrified. Any tips on being okay with this? : stressLess-life

I am about to be single and I am terrified. Any tips on being okay with this?

https://ift.tt/KbWY5mo

Hello. I am 25M. I just finished school. Now, me and my lovely girlfriend of 8 months decided to end our relationship because I just got a job in a New York, a city in which I have never lived, and she will be staying in school here in Tennessee. Not only that, but we had a buildup of trust issues, as we both have a record of not being totally truthful towards each other during our relationship. The relationship started while she was staying in regular contact with her ex of nearly 10 years, and lying to me about it for months until I found out myself through digging in her Instagram while we were in an official relationship. This really is a whole can of worms, but long story short, I understand why she did what she did. She lives an incredibly complicated life, studying abroad here intentionally temporarily, but suddenly stuck here completely alone, away from her beloved family because of a terrorist group that took over her country which is now very dangerous to visit or exit. Then, she unexpectedly fell in love with an American boy (me), which is extremely prohibited in her strict culture. It was a lot of confusion for her. Well, for both of us really. Because the foundation of our relationship was built off of confusion untruthfulness, and me being sort of a rebound for her, it's been really tough on us to maintain trust with each other. However, we are both very understanding and are able to put our egos aside and not hold hatred for each other.

We feel that although we love each other, it would be best to let each other start our lives separately and not go through the anxiety of trust issues through long distance, especially since I just accepted a job that will need my best mental health, effort, and a clear mind. I move there to begin in a couple of weeks.

However, this was my 10th monogamous relationship. If I am to be honest with you, I have never done well being single. I have always felt feelings of crippling anxiety and depression whenever I am single. I feel that life is pointless to experience without a lover. Whenever I find a new person, all of these negative feelings go away. When I am in a great relationship, I feel at my absolute best. I feel that I can tackle anything in the world because I am not distracted by lust/women because I have a special woman that I love and I am proudly loyal. But, when the relationship is not going well, all of my power is taken away. Suddenly I cannot focus on anything in my life. My life slowly breaks down and my performance in all aspects steadily decline, and I start letting all kinds of people down until my relationship feels secure again.

I know this is a red flag in myself. I understand that learning to be truly happy on my own is the way to go. It would be really nice to have full happiness and content with myself, because that means no one could have control over my psyche. It seems like the ultimate strength. This would also eventually allow me to let a compatible love find me on its own, because I'd be in no rush as I'd be occupied by the love I'd have for myself. "Don't chase butterflies - build a beautiful garden and let the butterflies come to you."

My biggest desire is to find a lifelong partner, probably because that's what I always grew up seeing with my parents, who are still together in a beautiful marriage of 30 years. They are still each other's best friends. It's hard not to compare myself to them and feel like I was born in a generation where that will never be possible for me due to the rise of dating apps and most people having too much choice. I fear that most people would rather look for a new option the moment they feel bored. I fear that my parents' concept of love and commitment no longer exists in my digital generation (I've never had/used a dating app but I know most people use them).

Could you please share with me some insight on alternate ways of thinking? I'd like to be more optimistic about love. It still exists, right? I sure hope so :( And, if available, could you share with me at least one thing you found that has really helped your relationship with yourself? Personal anecdotes would be preferred! Thank you for reading.

TL;DR - I am single again and I have a history of quickly hopping into the next girl that "gives me butterflies," without ever mastering self love first. I want to break that cycle this time but I need advice on how to reach a state of true self love.

submitted by /u/AntiVideo
[link] [comments]








Related links


I want to know the mind and emotions of a man towa. I want to understand what he is thinking and feeling at any given time. I want to know what makes him happy and what makes him sad. I want to know what he fears and what motivates him. I want to know his hopes and dreams. I want to know everything about him.


Addiction Is Messy, But These Things Help Me Stay Clean


5 Ways to Use Movement (Not Exercise) to Support Your Mental Health


My Second Mother: When Someone Steps Up Like Family Never Did


just sitting silently


How to Release the Fear That Holds You Back and Keeps You Small


What Happiness Means and How I’m Boosting My Day-to-Day Joy


why am i always in one-sided relationships


Psychological behaviour of husband with his wife who failed in love before marriage


What makes you dislike yourself?


When You’re Ready for Change: You Need to Believe in Your Future Self


4 Anxiety-Calming Techniques I Wish I Used When I Freaked Out on a Plane


What type of doctors experience the most stress?


Why is it significant to overcome stress?


How I Stopped Chasing Men Who Hurt Me and Found Healthy Love : #stressless


Stay Comfortable


I have irrational thoughts that she’s better than me


Skills That You Can Learn From (A2) Trying Harder Isn\\\'t Always The Answer:stressLess-life.


How do we know what we want in our lives?


5 Simple Yet Essential Self Care Tips That Can Change Your Life


#2 . How do I stop putting my worth based on how men see me? : stressLess-life


Self love challenge - looking for a group to join!


People-Pleasers Are Liars: 3 Things We Gain When We’re Honest Instead


How to Deal With Low Moods: A 4-Step Plan to Help You Feel Better


One words to define love story Hater





does depression affect sperm quality


What is the difference between stress and emotions? The WHO has defined them as two different life skills and I am not able to make a difference.


What are some signs that show a lack of confidence in a person's speech or behavior?


Is it good to live hubby without love or marry to BF?


growing up as the only black member of a white family movie


separation anxiety mother symptoms


why self-love and self-care is important


I am very sad every day. I have decided not to live. What should I do?


why am i losing interest in things i used to love


never waste your feelings on someone who doesn't value your emotions meaning in hindi


I am very sad every day. I have decided not to live. What should I do?


Why is it significant to overcome stress?

Can-I-reduce-my-stress?

https://stressless-2021.blogspot.com/2022/06/reduce-my-stress.html

Getting Out Of A Slump

Me Exercising/dancing to Unbelievable by EMF. Not too great, but started doing this at 57 yrs......truly my inner child is coming out to play!:stressLess-life

Abandonment Issues



Increasing and practicing self worth and self love:stressLess-life

(A2) LIFE AND LOVE???:stressLess-life

Neon Genesis Evangelion and validating ones own existence:stressLess-life

Calmed myself down with loving energy.:stressLess-life

"Why do you forgive everyone but yourself?”:stressLess-life

How to accept belly fat?:stressLess-life



admiring myself all 2022 ??:stressLess-life



Self love feels so lonely:stressLess-life



Increasing and practicing self worth and self love:stressLess-life

(A2) LIFE AND LOVE???:stressLess-life

Neon Genesis Evangelion and validating ones own existence:stressLess-life

Calmed myself down with loving energy.:stressLess-life

"Why do you forgive everyone but yourself?”:stressLess-life

How to accept belly fat?:stressLess-life



admiring myself all 2022 ??:stressLess-life



Self love feels so lonely:stressLess-life









😄 " Forget the past; look forward to the future, for the best things are yet to come. ..... "

No comments

please ,
Don't enter span link..

Powered by Blogger.