Header Ads

2. Who the hell is this? : stressLess-life

Who the hell is this?

I was pragmatic, logical and a reasoning type of person . I looked at the world in cold, distant patterns framed by negativity and analysis. The world made sense because evidence and theories pointed out to that fact.

I was shy, I was afraid. I dont even know why. I dont even know of what, I just knew I had to be afraid. So I never opened my mouth, I looked at the ground, i looked at the sky, I looked at the walls. I was afraid to look at people eyes, they will see... they will see what they shouldnt. I dont want them to see, noone can know. Noone can ever know, what was done to me. I dont want people to see, if they see it it'll become real, and I will die of sorrow.

I was compliant. I gave space for others to shine, for others to get their way, for others to find happiness. And in their smile and happiness, I found my own. I told myself I dont need more. This is enough... more than enough. I dont deserve more.

I was weak, I lacked will. I lacked perseverance. I figured if it did not work, it is because it was not meant for me. Each failure brought direct valuation to my worth, to my standing. Each failure destroyed my will to keep going that much more. Each attempt brought endless self questioning, wasn't the definition of insanity to try the same thing hoping for a different result?

But then who is this shadow? A child, a small child, I stare in the mirror and I look away as his right hand grasps desperately onto the bottom of my shirt, he tears up. And I match him. I dont even know why, I dont recognize who he is. I can't recognize who he is, if I do, my world will shatter, my mirror will fade, my illusion will vanish. He stands there, looking at me, clutching ever so desperately, as shivers take over his body. I can't anymore, I can't pretend, I dont want to push him away. I kneel down, I take him into my arms, and as I do, he merges into me.

And now, now, pragmatism vanishes like a puff of smoke. Emotions, beauty, music are all I care about. I dont want to analyze, I don't want to look at the world negatively. Because I exist, because I am here, and while I draw breath, I refuse to let the world stay ugly, meaningless, and uncaring.

Shyness has disappeared. I know who I am, I love people, I love connections. I want to make more, so many, some meaningful, some superficial. I want to try, i want to reach out, meet new people, look at people in the face. If they see now, it is fine, I can take their judgment and stand my ground.

I am not compliant. I will give you space, but i wont allow you to crush me. I will protect myself, I will tell you what I think. I will live without shame, without blame. I will remove those that never deserved to have what I offered, when I served my heart on a platter.

I am made of strength, of resilience. I have faith in myself, I have a fire burning brightly in my heart, I care for it, I watch it closely and keep it safe. I wont give up, 100, 1000 failures it matters not. Each failure shows I survived, each failure made my heart stronger, my willpower more defined. Willpower to grasp what I need, to find what I crave most.

A place where I belong, a place where I can just be.

submitted by /u/timer18
[link] [comments]








Related links


I want to know the mind and emotions of a man towa. I want to understand what he is thinking and feeling at any given time. I want to know what makes him happy and what makes him sad. I want to know what he fears and what motivates him. I want to know his hopes and dreams. I want to know everything about him.


Addiction Is Messy, But These Things Help Me Stay Clean


5 Ways to Use Movement (Not Exercise) to Support Your Mental Health


My Second Mother: When Someone Steps Up Like Family Never Did


just sitting silently


How to Release the Fear That Holds You Back and Keeps You Small


What Happiness Means and How I’m Boosting My Day-to-Day Joy


why am i always in one-sided relationships


Psychological behaviour of husband with his wife who failed in love before marriage


What makes you dislike yourself?


When You’re Ready for Change: You Need to Believe in Your Future Self


4 Anxiety-Calming Techniques I Wish I Used When I Freaked Out on a Plane


What type of doctors experience the most stress?


Why is it significant to overcome stress?


How I Stopped Chasing Men Who Hurt Me and Found Healthy Love : #stressless


Stay Comfortable


I have irrational thoughts that she’s better than me


Skills That You Can Learn From (A2) Trying Harder Isn\\\'t Always The Answer:stressLess-life.


How do we know what we want in our lives?


5 Simple Yet Essential Self Care Tips That Can Change Your Life


#2 . How do I stop putting my worth based on how men see me? : stressLess-life


Self love challenge - looking for a group to join!


People-Pleasers Are Liars: 3 Things We Gain When We’re Honest Instead


How to Deal With Low Moods: A 4-Step Plan to Help You Feel Better


One words to define love story Hater





does depression affect sperm quality


What is the difference between stress and emotions? The WHO has defined them as two different life skills and I am not able to make a difference.


What are some signs that show a lack of confidence in a person's speech or behavior?


Is it good to live hubby without love or marry to BF?


growing up as the only black member of a white family movie


separation anxiety mother symptoms


why self-love and self-care is important


I am very sad every day. I have decided not to live. What should I do?


why am i losing interest in things i used to love


never waste your feelings on someone who doesn't value your emotions meaning in hindi


I am very sad every day. I have decided not to live. What should I do?


Why is it significant to overcome stress?

Can-I-reduce-my-stress?

https://stressless-2021.blogspot.com/2022/06/reduce-my-stress.html

Getting Out Of A Slump

Me Exercising/dancing to Unbelievable by EMF. Not too great, but started doing this at 57 yrs......truly my inner child is coming out to play!:stressLess-life

Abandonment Issues



Increasing and practicing self worth and self love:stressLess-life

(A2) LIFE AND LOVE???:stressLess-life

Neon Genesis Evangelion and validating ones own existence:stressLess-life

Calmed myself down with loving energy.:stressLess-life

"Why do you forgive everyone but yourself?”:stressLess-life

How to accept belly fat?:stressLess-life



admiring myself all 2022 ??:stressLess-life



Self love feels so lonely:stressLess-life



Increasing and practicing self worth and self love:stressLess-life

(A2) LIFE AND LOVE???:stressLess-life

Neon Genesis Evangelion and validating ones own existence:stressLess-life

Calmed myself down with loving energy.:stressLess-life

"Why do you forgive everyone but yourself?”:stressLess-life

How to accept belly fat?:stressLess-life



admiring myself all 2022 ??:stressLess-life



Self love feels so lonely:stressLess-life









😄 " Forget the past; look forward to the future, for the best things are yet to come. ..... "

No comments

please ,
Don't enter span link..

Powered by Blogger.