Header Ads

2. How I overcame my social anxiety and started to feel again! : stressLess-life

How I overcame my social anxiety and started to feel again!

https://ift.tt/mUYz6vr

Around 4 years ago I was a wreck whenever I talked to people. I was overthinking every single word that I said in the conversation, and no matter how the conversation went I always felt super awkward afterwards. Sometimes I would rumor for hours and days about the awkward things that I said during the talk. Especially when it came to talking with woman I had a very hard time. Either I couldn’t bring my self to talk to them in the first place or I felt so uncomfortable while I was talking to them. I was so super self aware, stumbled over my words, I started to sweat and wanted to avoid this awkward silence at all costs. Weird and very painful time in my life I have to say. I remember those nights where I was sitting in my dark room, feeling cut off from the world and like the loneliest human being ever. I think I was just very afraid of being rejected from other people because I was bullied in school and a part of me wanted to avoid the same pain at all costs. Because I was not speaking to many people, I felt like my social skills where not existent, that let to me having little to no self esteem which let to me talking to even fewer people than I already did. A downward spiral of social exclusion.

Around 1,5 years ago I decided that somethings needs to change in my life and among a few other things that I did, I made the decision to join a personal development coaching program. I learned so much in that one but one thing really helped me to break this circle of social anxiety: FEEL YOUR EMOTIONS. The thing about anxiety is, that we are often not afraid of the situation itself, but we are afraid of being afraid in the situation. So basically we are afraid of feeling an emotion. When I realized that I practiced to feel everything that comes up in every moment. No matter if it’s anxiety, hate, nervousness, anger, grief, I felt it all. The more I did that, the more I was able to step out of my little shell and truly connect to people again. It’s been quite a journey for me and feeling through all of the things that I used to push down was certainly not easy but it paid off.

Feel free to ask me anything you like if something is unclear :)

submitted by /u/dominik-self-love
[link] [comments]








Related links


I want to know the mind and emotions of a man towa. I want to understand what he is thinking and feeling at any given time. I want to know what makes him happy and what makes him sad. I want to know what he fears and what motivates him. I want to know his hopes and dreams. I want to know everything about him.


Addiction Is Messy, But These Things Help Me Stay Clean


5 Ways to Use Movement (Not Exercise) to Support Your Mental Health


My Second Mother: When Someone Steps Up Like Family Never Did


just sitting silently


How to Release the Fear That Holds You Back and Keeps You Small


What Happiness Means and How I’m Boosting My Day-to-Day Joy


why am i always in one-sided relationships


Psychological behaviour of husband with his wife who failed in love before marriage


What makes you dislike yourself?


When You’re Ready for Change: You Need to Believe in Your Future Self


4 Anxiety-Calming Techniques I Wish I Used When I Freaked Out on a Plane


What type of doctors experience the most stress?


Why is it significant to overcome stress?


How I Stopped Chasing Men Who Hurt Me and Found Healthy Love : #stressless


Stay Comfortable


I have irrational thoughts that she’s better than me


Skills That You Can Learn From (A2) Trying Harder Isn\\\'t Always The Answer:stressLess-life.


How do we know what we want in our lives?


5 Simple Yet Essential Self Care Tips That Can Change Your Life


#2 . How do I stop putting my worth based on how men see me? : stressLess-life


Self love challenge - looking for a group to join!


People-Pleasers Are Liars: 3 Things We Gain When We’re Honest Instead


How to Deal With Low Moods: A 4-Step Plan to Help You Feel Better


One words to define love story Hater





does depression affect sperm quality


What is the difference between stress and emotions? The WHO has defined them as two different life skills and I am not able to make a difference.


What are some signs that show a lack of confidence in a person's speech or behavior?


Is it good to live hubby without love or marry to BF?


growing up as the only black member of a white family movie


separation anxiety mother symptoms


why self-love and self-care is important


I am very sad every day. I have decided not to live. What should I do?


why am i losing interest in things i used to love


never waste your feelings on someone who doesn't value your emotions meaning in hindi


I am very sad every day. I have decided not to live. What should I do?


Why is it significant to overcome stress?

Can-I-reduce-my-stress?

https://stressless-2021.blogspot.com/2022/06/reduce-my-stress.html

Getting Out Of A Slump

Me Exercising/dancing to Unbelievable by EMF. Not too great, but started doing this at 57 yrs......truly my inner child is coming out to play!:stressLess-life

Abandonment Issues



Increasing and practicing self worth and self love:stressLess-life

(A2) LIFE AND LOVE???:stressLess-life

Neon Genesis Evangelion and validating ones own existence:stressLess-life

Calmed myself down with loving energy.:stressLess-life

"Why do you forgive everyone but yourself?”:stressLess-life

How to accept belly fat?:stressLess-life



admiring myself all 2022 ??:stressLess-life



Self love feels so lonely:stressLess-life



Increasing and practicing self worth and self love:stressLess-life

(A2) LIFE AND LOVE???:stressLess-life

Neon Genesis Evangelion and validating ones own existence:stressLess-life

Calmed myself down with loving energy.:stressLess-life

"Why do you forgive everyone but yourself?”:stressLess-life

How to accept belly fat?:stressLess-life



admiring myself all 2022 ??:stressLess-life



Self love feels so lonely:stressLess-life









😄 " Forget the past; look forward to the future, for the best things are yet to come. ..... "

No comments

please ,
Don't enter span link..

Powered by Blogger.